CREATE & MANAGE DATA
ADVICE & TRAINING
OUR PROFESSIONAL DATA SERVICES
Organisations undertaking research or evaluation face the challenge, and expense, of managing and storing the data in a professional manner - ethically, securely and sustainably.
Do you hold any data collected from surveys, market or qualitative research?
- are you transferring and storing your data securely and legally?
- are you sending unencrypted personal information across email?
- are you backing-up data appropriately and in more than one place?
- do you know which version of data is the most up to date?
- do you name and organise your data in a logical and consistent way?
- do you have adequate and robust data storage facilities?
WE OFFER A RANGE OF COST EFFECTIVE DATA MANAGEMENT PLANNING CONSULTANCY AND DIGITAL DATA PRESERVATION SERVICES
- advice on storage and preservation solutions for a wide range of digital formats - survey data, text and time-based media
- risk assessment of data plus advice on helping future-proof your data and on setting up secure data storage
- advice, training and capacity building in data management practices, including data description and metadata
- migration of data to usable formats
- storage and preservation services - safeguarding data for you under the highest information security standards
- where appropriate, accession of your data into our collection for preservation and access
The UK Data Archive has a unique combination of strengths in this area:
- over 45 years experience managing and providing access to digital research data
- provides access to the UK's largest collection of social and economic data and since 2005 has been designated a Place of Deposit by the National Archives, allowing us to curate public records
- long standing preservation and management of survey data, historical databases and qualitative data
- we are based at the University of Essex, where we have in-house access to robust technical infrastructure and expertise as well as world-class research
Email or call us to discuss your needs: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1206 872145